Time: November 2019
Location: Digital Arts Studios
The main aim of the programme is to support artists to diversify, upskill and engage with new technologies. Through a series of workshops, drop-in sessions and site visits, Future Labs will provide digital hardware, software and critical thinking, facilitating networking and collaboration within professional working environments. Future Labs links artists with professional technologists to explore new methods and gain greater insight into contemporary practice.
Core workshops will run regularly between November 2019 and March 2020 with satellite modules and drop in sessions in between.
The course will cost £200 per applicant.
Core workshops include
- Blender pt1 // Intro and overview of Blender. 3D sculpture and box modelling.
- Introduction to DaVinci Resolve // Intro and work flow in Video editing with DaVinci Resolve
- Blender pt2 3D/2D Animation //Animating how to export/import objects for VR programs.
- Play Canvas // Collaborative real-time Visual Programming for AR/VR.
- Electronics with Arduino // Arduino development ecosystem, basic electronics prototyping, the use of sensors/displays on the Arduino.
- Photogrammetry // Intro to Photogrammetry setup and workflow.
- Spatial Audio for VR and immersive installations // Surround sound field recording techniques, Sound design for surround sound and VR environments
Full Programme Schedule is available here:
There are 12 places on the programme. Applications can be made by completing the online form here.
For more information please contact
Future Labs is kindly funded by Belfast City Council.
Principal funder: Arts Council of Northern Ireland.