Time: 10 am - 4 pm
Location: Digital Arts Studios
AN INTRODUCTION TO DSLR FILMMAKING WITH JON BEER
The course will cover all the basics of operating DSLR cameras and delve into some of the more advanced customising functions. The basics of codecs, ISO and shooting in aperture and shutter priority modes.Primarily this workshop will focus on the Canon 5D/6D systems. Jon will demonstrate how to manage your work flow, audio recording and capturing footage for editing.
This is a hands on workshop where participants will have experience of shooting with a DSLR camera.
1) Advantages and disadvantages of shooting video with DSLRs.
2) Setting up your camera for video mode.
3) Updating Firmware.
4) Setting and selecting custom colour presets.
5) Shooting in fully manual, Aperture and Shutter modes.
6) A word on DOF – Depth of Field
7) Adjusting ISO, white balancing and colour temperatures.
8) Good audio – bad audio and the three ways of capturing it using the built-in mic, external mics and audio recorders.
9) Preparing footage for edit.
Spaces are strictly limited so book early. The workshop costs £40 standard rate or a special concessionary price of £20 for DAS/VAI members, unwaged, senior citizens and students.