With support from the Arts and Disability Forum, DAS will award a four-month residency to one disabled/deaf artist. The residency will last for four months and will run from the beginning of February until the end of May 2016 (these dates may be flexible on request). Residencies at DAS provide artists with:
- Personal workstation within the studios with Mac Pro computer.
- Access to relevant software such as Creative Suite
- 24-hour studio access
- Broadband Internet
- Access to technical support from experienced staff who are also practicing artists and filmmakers.
- Free audio/visual equipment hire
- Access to specialised training courses such as Digital Filmmaking, Graphic Design, Digital Audio Production, Final Cut Pro & After Effects.
- An individual page on the DAS website for each artist that includes an artist statement, an image gallery, a link to their own website and contact information. This provides artists who don’t have a website with an online presence and also acts as an archive of all artists’ work.
- DAS supports artists in the presentation of their work via a talk or exhibition, all of which are open to the public and free of charge. Each artist in residence has the chance to present their work providing the opportunity for feedback for the artist and discussion amongst the audience. These exhibitions present a valuable opportunity for critical discussion around visual art and particularly its convergence with digital technologies.
For more information on the residency please see the GUIDELINES. The deadline for applications to the residency award is Friday 15th January 2016 at 4pm. To apply please fill in the online application form available here: APPLY